This weekend I stopped by Gallery for their grand opening weekend even though they have been open for three weeks already.
Some random facts:
- There are 44 different floor plans
- Amenities: Gym, two large outdoor patios, lounge
- Views of the Sound or the Space Needle depending on what side you are on
- They’ve signed a letter of intent with an Italian restaurant for the retail space. They are also looking at a gallery and a coffee shop.
- It will be finished June/July of 2008
- Concrete and steel construction
- Will not be LEED certified
- There is a penalty if you sell within a year of closing
- Investor cap of 10% which they have likely already reached
- 55 units reserved
So what did I think? Well, I really liked their sky lofts but with prices starting at $645,000 they’re out of my price range. Failing that some of their larger open one bedrooms were nice but still pricey at $500,000. Their model is of a 590 square foot unit and is tastefully done. It showcases their entertainment unit with rotating TV stand. Though of course they slapped the thing together too quickly and the stand sticks when rotating; not exactly confidence inspiring. I also don’t like the floral tile feature in the bathroom. What I did like is that they allow you more customization than the other projects on the market. For instance, if you don’t like a tub, you can replace it with a shower, or if you like the counter in one finish package you can swap it out. I don’t think they offer the level of a la carte customization that I’d like but it’s a great start and something they can use to distinguish themselves from the other Belltown projects.
And some photos: