Tonight I skipped out of work early (sorry team) and went to check out 1111 East Pike at Boom Noodle. I was disappointed that neither the developer or architect was there but the sales/marketing firm, ek Realty, was of course, well (perhaps, over (just kidding, I love catching up with all of you :) )) represented. Though they get points for handing out full floor plans for the building which beats having to go down to the city to pull the plans which many buyers do for other projects.
I think Eleven Eleven is a fairly affordable boutique project for Capitol Hill. The interior finishes will be mediocre but the unique design of the puzzle wall should compensate. What you’re really paying for is the Tom Kundig name and a modern exterior that eschews the make-me-puke pacific northwest contemporary style so popular these days.
As someone there put it to me, “would you rather live here or at the Meritage?.” I laughed; Eleven Eleven is much more my style than the Meritage.
Since ek Realty is running the sales for both it will be interesting to see how they manage the inventory competition between Trace North (35% sold) and Eleven Eleven seeing as they’re only a block apart. Jim from ek thinks that Eleven Eleven will appeal to the more sophisticated buyer; we’ll see.
Here’s a run down of the features:
- Starting in the mid $200’s up to $500 (except for Penthouses). HOA’s $300-$500.
- 27 units, 6 units a floor plate, 600 to 1125 square feet. Avg will be 700 sf.
- Tom Kundig is all about ‘mechanics’ and the units will feature a puzzle wall which slides across bedroom and kitchen as a door
- Floating bamboo hardwoods
- Low pile carpet in bedrooms and kitchen
- Sustainable MDF cabinets
- 9 foot ceilings
- No windows in bedroom
- Appliances will be stainless
- Gas stove with hood (which is nice, I hate microwave hoods)
- Almost all units will have parking
- Bathtubs (please re-consider and put in showers instead)
- Common rooftop deck
- Wood frame building
- 2 retail units, one likely already leased to a small art gallery
- Anne Michelson, the developer, is a Capitol Hill resident
- Will be finished in October
- 3 units are being released tonight and the rest will stagger with the next ones coming online in May
- No sales office, you can get a tour at the architects office and sales will be out of Ek Realty’s office
- Website: http://www.1111eastpike.com/