Maybe you were tired of condos last week too. If you so here’s what you and I both missed:
- The Slog has a post about Murray Franklyn wanting to tear down more businesses on 19th Ave, Another knock-down, drag-out fight on Capitol Hill?
- Vulcan offering rent to own program in SLU.
- State keeps two Seattle construction cranes shut down. Stay away from cranes. They’re dangerous. Especially the hybrid ones!!!
- Wendy blogged about the mega development up in Northgate. Let’s just say that Paul Allen is having a hard time selling SLU right now and they’re downtown. I predict this project is going to have a very hard time.
- Huge Ass City, They call it a city for a reason… I agree, if you don’t want to live near neighborhood shops, restaurants and bars move to the ‘burbs.
- Seattle Specialist says that Duncan Place Condos is creating quite the buzz as new construction in the U-district. First I’ve heard of the project!
- Aubrey helped give a shout out to the Green and affordable project at Broadway and Pine. It’s a 44 affordable unit project that got LEED silver certification. I’m not in love with the look of it but don’t hate it either. Certainly better than the originally proposed solo Walgreens. Good for Scott Grainger for partnering with CHHIP.
And for the townhome forum recap check out:
- West Seattle Blog, Townhouse forum consensus: They CAN be saved, if …
- The Stranger, Invasive Species
- Huge Ass City, If You Want To Understand The Real Reason There Are So Many Sucky Townhouses Going Up…
- Smarter Neighbors, Are townhomes really “like a fungus network eating up our city?”