Photos from Touring Volta in Belltown
Last week I blogged about the Alex getting renamed Volta and yesterday I got a hard hat tour of the Belltown project just as the scaffolding came down and as two units, #101 and #602 hit the MLS. They’re expected to put two more units on the MLS shortly to give folks a sense of prices. I did get a price sheet but if you want to get your hands on one you’ll need to give them a call.
Here are my photos of the under construction project. Clicking through them should give you a sense of the views from the roof top and a few units.
I also got a peak at their material boards stored conveniently in their mobile sales center (they’ll be opening a proper sales center in the commercial space just as quick as they can):
Overall I was impressed with the floor plans and how quiet the units were given the busy streets the project is one. I was disappointed to find out they’re carpeting the living rooms and in some cases putting a wall between the kitchen and the living room. And while the west facing units have killer views note that the neighboring lot is a parking lot so you’re not likely guaranteed views unless you’re buying the penthouse.
Here are my notes on the project:
- There’s two levels of parking, with three different sizes of stalls
- The commercial unit gets one unit, the penthouses two each
- Everyone else needs to buy a stall priced at $25k
- The parking levels have high ceilings so you could likely put a lift in
- There’s two elevators for the building
- 20 unique floor plan
- A sales center will go in the commercial space
- The commercial space is 900 square feet and is for sale for $335k. It’s a “warm shell”
- 28 of the 34 units qualify for the FHA loan limit
- 4th floor units have a large terrace
- Penthouse floor has 15′ ceilings
- Penthouses each have a large sky light
- Penthouses won’t be built out so you can buy as a shell, or buy both and combine them
- Penthouses have private roof top terraces
- There’s a public roof top deck with dog walk
- Storage spaces are available for $5k
- HOA dues are $0.44/square foot
- Water, sewer and garbage are submetered
- Shower’s have a mud set pan
- Windows are quadruple paned
- Rainer view from the west facing units
- Non-penthouse units have a ~8’4″ ceiling height
- There’s a live work unit with a door onto Bell
If you’re interested in a tour give them a call. Or check out their site.