First Hill & Mount Baker Tours this Week
Two options if you want to see the sights coming up.
First up on Thursday at 6pm Luma and Historic Seattle are hosting a tour of First Hill:
- Wine and cheese at Historic Seattle’s Dearborn House
- Short presentation about First Hill’s rich history with Larry Kreisman, Program Director
- Tour the Stimson-Green Mansion with Cathy Wickwire, Washington Trust for Historic Preservation
- Walking tour of Historic First Hill locations such as: Tuscany Apartments, 1223 Spring Street, Knights of Columbus, Fire Station 25 and First Baptist Church
- The tour will close with a personalized book signing with Larry Kreisman of Tradition and Change on Seattle’s First Hill: Propriety, Profanity, Pills, and Preservation
RSVP by calling 206.749.5862.
And then on Saturday at 10am the Seattle Architecture Foundation is hosting a tour of Mount Baker, Mt Baker Tour: More Than A View:
Tickets are $10-15.
Accessible from Seattle’s downtown core, Mt. Baker is a neighborhood that provides dramatic backdrops for many outdoor activities, serene lake and mountain views and an array of domestic architectural styles. Learn more about how this vibrant community was forged and sharpen your architectural identification skills as you learn more about the architects, residents and unparalleled natural beauty that have shaped this Seattle neighborhood. Featured stops include an Ellsworth Storey home and other upscale residences.