New construction on MLS
The other day I was using Redfin (okay, every day I use Redfin) and for the first time ever (which is kind of weird) I searched for all the new condo construction projects in the city. Of course there was only a small percentage available (something like 100 listings). I read through a bunch of them and was surprised at how many lacked some back information (like the name of the project or any photos). So for the listing and onsite agents who read this blog. Please include the following in your MLS listings!
- The name of the development (this should be obvious)
- The website URL so we can visit your crappy flash site
- Photos of the building and unit if it’s a conversion
- Photos of the sales center if it’s new construction
- Renderings of the building and unit elevations if it’s new construction
- Photos of any models
- The floor plan
- Description of building amenities
If you’re going to spend all that money to list it might as well spend it right.