A Visit to Montage
Two weeks ago I did a walk through of the Montage on Capitol Hill with James Tjoa broker for the project.
A few notes:
- There is a 450 square foot commercial space that they’ll sell or lease
- Parking is included
- 5 stories, 23 units
- The builder does about one building a year. On Capitol Hill they also did the condo at Bellevue and Thomas south of The Carroll
- He said Pioneer Properties acquired the place across the street from Montage
- Gas is included in the dues
- Dues will be under $0.40/sf
- Perceived competitors: Equinox, Trace, Brix, Press
- Built Smart building. Using dual flush toilets
I walked through a number of units. The top floor units definitely enjoy a nice view:
Here’s a picture of one of the kitchen’s under construction:
One of the living rooms:
One of the monster terraces:
So what’d I think?
The floor plans were decent, the finishes pretty good, the views were great, but I’m really not impressed with the exterior. It doesn’t add anything to the neighborhood. I feel like recent projects such as 1111, Brix, Trace and Agnes Lofts are bringing something new and exciting to Capitol Hill while this just maintains the status quo. However, modern, lofty, and architecturally distinct aren’t for everyone so I’m sure this pacific northwest contemporary style will find some buyers just as their project at Bellevue and Thomas did and like Meritage did as well.