Art Stable Photos & Video
Move over Union Arts Co-Op as the fanciest artist live/work building in Seattle, Art Stable, has you beat.
Art Stable is a 7 unit condo in South Lake Union and has only two units left:
#600 – 2,237 sf – $1.565m
#400 – 4,000 sf – $2.2m
We stopped by today for a tour and loved it – the west and east elevations are a wall of windows with neat openings to hoist up art, the north wall can be punched out for custom window configurations, nice westerly views, rusted metal exterior, unfinished shell ready to be customized to your heart’s content!
The units are being sold as unfinished shells:
- Developed by Point32, designed by Tom Kundig
- Units sold unfinished
- Most feature two art windows each (with a crane on the roof so you can hoist up your large art pieces and swing them in)
- Geothermal heating
- Two parking spots/unit. Entrance is off the alley preserving the front of the building.
- No storage, but most units are 4,000 square feet
- First four buyers are working artists or collectors
- Worried about west views? The low-rise building to the west, just had their tenant Bright Horizons, sign a 15 year lease.
- Want more windows on the north side? They bought the air rights in between them and the building to the north. The north wall of the building is designed to have windows punched out.
- 10′ to 11′ ceiling height
- 13′ front door
- HOA dues are $0.26/square foot
- No communal roof top deck, it belongs to the two story penthouse
- Award winning: National AIA Housing Award, Residential Arechitect Design Awards, Project of the Year, Seattle AIA Honor Awards, Citation, Art Stable Hinge
Here’s Corey opening the huge art window:
Check out our photos or check out:
- Arch Daily post
- DJC: Art Stable: A lofty space for artists and collector
- New developer starts its first project: Art Stable
- Seattle’s live-work spaces: Commuting is such a breeze
Big thanks to Chris of Point32 for meeting us on a Saturday afternoon to give us a peak.