Seattle Apartment Developments for November
I’m starting to think I need to do this more than once a month :). Apartments continue to develop all over the city (both on paper and in the construction sense) and here is a lengthy roundup of what’s gone down in November.
Notably, things got chattery about the number of apartments expected in Seattle and Bellevue in 2013: 7000. What was reported as a glut by PSBJ back in June is now a bubble on PubliCola (CityTank) > CHS Blog (albeit a good one according to densityphiles).
So what’s happened in the past month in the apartment construction realm?
- 1222 East Madison is officially named Citizen and expected to start leasing early next year. (+106 units in Capitol Hill)
- H2O Apartments broke ground on Nov 11, ETA Jan 2013. (+45 units in LQA)
- [Seattle Times] Equity Residential just broke ground on Market Street Landing – apartments being built on the former Denny’s site, ETA unclear. (+288 units in Ballard)
- [WS Blog] Naming conflict resolved by choosing a new name for apartments under construction at 26th & Dakota: Youngstown Flats, ETA 2013. (+193 units in West Seattle)
- [CHS Blog] Seawest’s proposed development at 10th and Union should start construction in January, aiming for a short 12 month cycle. (+79 units in Capitol Hill)
- [Seattle Times] Groundbreaking any day now for Slate Apartments + Lofts at 3040 17th Ave W, ETA spring 2013. (+236 units in Interbay)
- [My Ballard] Demolition began at 2034 NW 56th St where The Greenfire Campus will be built – part office, part residential, all eco-development. ETA unclear. (+18 units in Ballard)
And in design reviews there’s this:
- [Wallyhood] Proposals for a 4-story apartment + live/work situation at 3636 Stone Way N is in Design Review on Dec 5. (+110 units +8 live/work in Wallingford)
- [CHS Blog] 550 Broadway and 418 Bellevue E entered final Design Review phase on Nov 30. (+189 units, +45 units in Capitol Hill)
- [Seattle Times] Design Review for an Equity Residential development at Minor Ave N b/t John and Thomas is scheduled for Jan 4. (+275 units in SLU)
- [Seattle Times] Laconia Development filed paperwork for a 31-story tower at 8th & Seneca. (+323 units for First Hill)
- [My Ballard] AMLI’s development at 2428 NW Market St and Ballard Investment Partners development at 1760 NW 56th St both underwent design review. (+305 unites, + 130 units in Ballard)
- [CHS Blog] Two more proposals in design review: 1145 10th Ave E (first round was controversial, going in for seconds) and also 526 19th Ave E. (+76 units, +50 units in Capitol Hill)
- [Seattle Times] Holland Partners will undergo design review for a 7 story building at 1319 Dexter Ave. N on Dec 7. (+300 units in Queen Anne. You know, on top of the two buildings Holland currently has in the works totaling 500+ apartments and another 101 units in planning stages.)
- [PSBJ] And last we heard at the end of Oct, that big North Lot project, Stadium Place, stalled. Again. (maybe someday +700 units in Pioneer Square)
Just pulling from this list of news and blog stories in November alone, that’s 1,465 apartments under construction (or soon-to-be) across the city and another 1,811 are in proposal stages (2,511 if you include the stalled Stadium Place).