New Construction “City Cabins” in Queen Anne
City Cabins is a pair of new construction townhouses that were recently completed and listed for $650K each on the north end of Queen Anne. Both are 3-bedrooms, 3.25-baths, 2,052 square feet and built by Martha Rose Construction.
Apparently we missed out on the Jan 29 Grand Opening and one of these two units is already pending. I have to say, while I am predisposed towards sustainable, Built Green projects; my reaction is mixed on this one. And, there’s something slightly M.C. Escher about this place that I can’t quite put my finger on.
- Plank flooring and exposed beam ceilings
- Sustainable building practices & Built Green
- Wired for solar and electric car
- Stairs are in the middle for added buffer on shared walls
- Exposed beams (awesome!) in the bathroom (weird :/)
- Views of the Fisherman’s terminal & mountains (fun!) from standard-sized windows (bummer :/)
- Designed for privacy (nice!) with angular outcroppings (awkward :/)
- Separate garage (better than no parking!) that is connected to the house by bridge (unusual :/)