Live in an Old Hospital!
Someday, sooner than we think, Tacoma will be to Seattle what Oakland is to San Francisco. And when that day comes you’ll be so glad you bought a condo in what used to be an old hospital in the historic heart of Tacoma’s Saint Helens/Theater District.
Unit 202 at “The Bridge” at 744 Market St just hit the market there.
Being sold by a friend of mine, the 1,049 square foot condo is a two bedroom, 1.75 bathroom place with a huge, private, outdoor space. Most remarkably, the price is only $275k.
What will my friends miss about their beloved “urbnlivntcma” condo?
- Quiet and well laid out one-story unit. Easy elevator access in a small friendly building.
- Industrial chic, high ceilings. Restoration maintained original building’s hospital character.
- Lots of windows for natural light, but positioned in the building such that it never gets too hot.
- Easy to maintain outdoor space – Big private deck with room for a table and chairs, a hammock, container gardening or all of the above!
- Spacious communal rooftop deck with barbecues available for larger events and entertaining.
- Awesome location – Close to groceries at Thriftway or IGA, a nice gym, and trendy but affordable restaurants where you can be a regular.
- A commuter’s dream. Tons of transit options including Tacoma Link, Sounder and Express buses and minutes from I-5.
- Cultural hub – Daffodil parade, The Grande Cinema, art walk, Theatre on the Square, WayzGoose festival, Downtown Christmas tree and First Night all minutes away on foot.
- Half a block from the downtown Tacoma Farmers Market (Early Spring to Late Fall).
- Close to Fireman waterfront park or Frost park (complete with summer chalk art competition).