Weekly Wrap-Up: Offer War Stories and More
Wow, we saw so many new listings hit the market this week!
Why? Everyone is rushing to get their place listed this week ahead of next week which will be slow as folks head out on vacation for Memorial Day (it isn’t wise to list your home right before a holiday weekend.) So enjoy the new listings (and the sun) while it lasts because next week we’re predicting a big drop in new listings.
Offer war stories:
- We finally won a Wallingford bidding war, only going 29% over asking (pictured)
- Super cute, vintage condo in North Capitol Hill only got one offer
- Incredible view condo on the border of downtown and the Hill didn’t get any offers, still on the market
- That Lake Washington MCM got 12 offers and sold between $1.3m and $1.4m
- Capitol Hill craftsman goes 18.6% over list
- Handful of places we were watching sold before their offer deadlines
In other news:
- That toxic West Seattle home replaced with $1.2m Seattle box
- Seattle is getting warmer so more buildings are adding AC
- The San Juans are the hottest luxury market in the country
We also spent some time this week compiling a list of new construction townhomes and single-family homes that are coming soon. If you want to have your choice of units, want to avoid a bidding war, and aren’t already working with an agent, get in touch, happy to help you find new construction off market ([email protected])