Hello summer! Happy pride weekend!
This past week sellers rushed to get their homes listed before the summer slow down that starts with the July 4th extra long weekend. So buyers, get after it this weekend because we’re going to have a slow two months ahead of us. Sellers, set your sights on getting your place ready for September if you want to sell this year. Anecdotally we saw a lot of price reductions this past week, and homes going pending ahead of their review dates.
War stories? We got some.
- Frustratingly this townhome went pending while we were touring it last Saturday. So much for the offer deadline.
- This townhome went pending yesterday as we were driving over to see it. Only 24 hours on market! Lesson? See homes as quickly as possible and try and be the one buying homes ahead of the offer review, not the one disappointed by them going pending.
- These brand new townhomes had three go pending last weekend within 24 hours of hitting the market. One is still available though.
- This Maple Leaf home only had one offer, but the buyer got cold feet. It went back on the market, oddly, at a higher price than what it was listed at it.
- That sweet untouched Ravenna MCM? Listed at $679k it sold for $880k.
- That hot Beacon Hill bungalow? Listed at $550k it sold for $700k.
- We toured a $15m home on Mercer Island
- We talked to someone building a custom home in Maple Leaf that gets 30 inquires a week about it but it isn’t for sale.
Interesting things elsewhere?
- Did you know 4,461 property owners are enrolled in a program to hide their ownership?
- The Stranger, Poll Finds Nearly Half of Seattleites Support Changing Single Family Zoning – we support changing single family zoning…