The news this week is that Seattle homes prices are falling at fastest rate in the US according to the Case-Shiller home-price index. Keep in mind this data is for September and by Seattle they mean King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. I’m more interested in what the MLS numbers will say for November when they’re released next week.
We saw more new listings this past week than the week of Thanksgiving (no surprise there) and a few even caught our eye like this Seward Park MCM with a ton of wood paneling on a third of an acre, an amazing Mercer Island MCM being sold by its original owner and a place at Madison Lofts. If you’re not burned out on modern farmhouses, here’s one with a view in Sunset Hill (read all about the modern farmhouse trend in Curbed). Or here’s a more contemporary new home on Sunset Hill.
But forget about the market, here are my favorite real estate longer reads of the week:
- New York’s Wealthiest Cut Losses as Manhattan Real Estate Falters
- At this rate it will take us 1,800 years to bring everyone in Seattle sidewalks. They cost $350k-800k a block!
- 5 architectural approaches that are shaping the way we live
- Rising tide of Seattle growth swamps century-old Jensen Motor Boat Co. – I’m sad about this.
- A three-story tiny house that fits in a parking spot
Have a good weekend!