The Seaboard Building was originally called the Northern Bank and Trust Building. That bank failed in 1919, and Seaboard Bank took over the building in 1922. It was later used for Nordstrom’s corporate offices.
Griffin and partners acquired the structure in 1996 as part of a larger deal worth $400 million, which involved three blocks including the then-vacant Frederick & Nelson building (which Nordstrom took over), the old Nordstrom store and the future Pacific Place. PSBJ reports that Griffin’s partners in that overall project included Jeff Rhodes; the Behnke and Howard S. Wright families; John McCaw; and Howard Schultz.
Pine Street renovated the Seaboard Building, and added new residential and office space. NBBJ was the architect, and Lease Crutcher Lewis was the general contractor.
The building was also declared a National Historic Landmark after it opened in 2001.
We usually respond in about 15 minutes