You may get the impression that I love all the new construction modern contemporary homes being built these days. Generally I do like them because I’m not a fan of craftsmen but often times they’re boxy and bland. Something I don’t think is bland is a duplex that just hit the market in Ballard.
606 NW Market St – $480k – 2 beds, 1.5 baths, 1,514 square feet
608 NW Market St – $430k – 1 bed, 1.5 baths, 1,281 square feet
What I like:
- The vertical wood boards on the exterior
- The wood that wraps up the kitchen ceiling. Makes it feel like a package. Too often it looks like they just slam the kitchen in these new homes.
- The stairs
- Rooftop deck
- Green: 5 Star Built Green, pre-wired for solar
- Wood closet and bedroom doors
What I don’t like:
- Stove – wish they had put a separate gas cook top and a stove in
- Shared wall…
- Air conditioners