Seattle Condo Buildings that Allow Daily/Nightly Rentals – Airbnb, VRBO
Thinking of Airbnb’ing/VRBO’ing/Vacasing out your condo?
Most buildings prohibit it, either explicitly or implicitly because the owners don’t want their condo to turn into a hotel. However, there are a few buildings that we’re aware of that don’t dis-allow it:
- 215 17TH AVE E
- 2727 Franklin Ave E – 50% rental cap though
- 750 on the Hill – 750 11th Ave E
- Austin Bell – 2324 1st Ave ($250 fee)
- Belltown Court – 2415 2nd Ave
- Elektra – 1400 Hubbell Place (three night minimum, $30 fee)
- Fifth Avenue Court – 2132 5th Ave
- Montreaux – 425 Vine St ($50 fee, background check required)
- Newmark Tower – 1415 2nd Ave ($50 fee, background check required, minimum 7 days)
- Pike Lofts – 303 E Pike ($800 move-in fee, lease required)
- Seaboard – 1500 4th Ave
- Wallingford 45 – 1601 N 45th St
- Waterfront Landings – 1950 Alaskan Way ($100 fee, background check required)
Note that many of those buildings are less than 60% owner occupied which means that many lenders won’t give you a mortgage to invest in them as a landlord so you will likely need to pay cash.
Or you can buy a townhome!
Note: while this post is originally from 2015 we keep it updated