Weekly Wrapup – Lots of new listings!
This past week we saw spring-like levels of new listings. In fact it was the third highest number of new listings this year. Buyers, this is it! It will be all down hill for new listings for the rest of the year.
In terms of offer war stories, we wrote a couple offers and heard of a few others.
- Central District condo listed at $240k got 2 offers, but ours wasn’t the one they took :(
- The front two units at this townhome community went fast. The unlisted front unit got three offers and went well over $830k. And the listed front unit also went well over $830k. Will be interesting to see what they sold for
- Westlake condo only got one offer
- Top floor unit at Canal got five offers
- A way under priced Queen Anne listing not surprisingly went over $400k. Curious if it went over $500k.
Bonus, here’s a reader’s experience writing offers this past week:
I wrote three offers this week. All for 20% over ask, no contingencies (all units had offer review dates set). The first one was very politely declined, we didn’t even get a call back on the second one. Silence. The third one, the agent said she wouldn’t even present it to her client.
Other news that caught our eye: