Seattle weekly wrap-up: buyers set another record for homes under contract
What a week!
Eight months into our studs-out floating home remodel and a month away from us moving back in, a fire on Wednesday morning destroyed the inside of our home. Fortunately, we weren’t living there, no one was hurt and we have a place to live in the meantime, but it is a huge setback on our floating home remodel (see a before-the-fire kitchen photo).
While we were dealing with that, new listings in Seattle are up over 4% week-over-week to 367, and the number of homes going under contract set another all-time high at 367 (!). On the Eastside new listings were flat, while the number of homes going under contract declined from an all-time high.
Speaking of new listings, this past week was the busiest week of the year so far for cool new listings.
- Owners of Ainslie Davis Construction are selling their personal home
- Tudor on the outside, amazing contemporary on the inside
- Portage Bay floating home on a concrete float and great views
- Untouched midcentury in Shorewood with indoor pool and views
- A Milton Stricker in Seward Park
- A Blue Ridge midcentury
- A modern farmhouse on Queen Anne
For loft fans:
- A loft at Queen Anne Elementary School
- A large loft at the Block. 25′ ceilings!
- A lofty townhome on North Beacon Hill
On the Eastside:
- An industrial modern already pending
- A midcentury modern in Enatai with amazing views
- New construction near Bellevue
- A NW contemporary with its own small lake
For island living:
- Incredible waterfront modern on Bainbridge Island
- Simple waterfront contemporary on Decatur Island sitting on 12 acres